Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Boldly going where I've never gone before....

Unlike many authors who've been published for more than 20 years, I've never done readings of my own work.  It's not that I get stage fright or hate public speaking.  Quite the contrary. 

Why not, then? 

Because it just seemed...weird...to me.  Like I'm intruding on a reader's experience somehow.  Also, I tend to "hear" my characters more than "see" them.  For me, they have distinctive voices, and I can't really do them justice.

However, that's about to change.  On January 20, I'll be doing a reading from my next release, CASTLE OF THE WOLF, at Night Out With Authors in Toronto.  (Details of location, time, and who else will be reading, etc can be found here.)  I dipped my toes in the reading waters at the last Night Out With Authors, and it was...okay.  Even kinda fun.  So I'm actually feeling pretty good about the longer reading on the 20th.

I just hope Mother Nature cooperates, and doesn't send more cold, snow or ice!

No comments: