Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Back to the Shore

I'm just back from two weeks at the cottage. And let me tell ya, it was a pretty cold, damp time. Nevertheless, I managed to get some painting done (of walls) and various other small projects.

I did go for walks, although most of the time, it was windy, cold and wet. How windy? Here's a video I took at the beach.



This is what the shore looks like most of the time. It's hard to tell from the video, but the waves were coming right up to the grass at the left.




Yep, it was windy, all right!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been windy down here too, with gusts of 30 plus MPH. We finally gpot a little rain, but not enough, as we are still in severe drought conditions. At least all we got was rain, and not tornadoes.

I grew up in Oklahoma, and moved to the Gulf Coast in my twenties. We are surrounded by refineries, and they blow a "noon whistle". The first time I heard it, I was confused, because there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I was used to Civil Defence tornado warnings, using sirens, and it took me years to be able to ignore that noon siren.

Just a brag on my "puppy" Ilka (she's 18 months old). We had our first Obedience/Rally trial last week. She failed in Obedience, but manged to get ribbons in Rally. Okay, she placed second in a class of two, but I'll take it. It means that earned a Qualifying score, and has a third of her Rally Novice title. We have two more trials coming up in a couple of weeks. I am hoping that she will do good.

To change the subject, have you seen the show on The Learning Channel about the people who coupon? It's called "Extreme Couponing", and I think the people are nuts. I like to use coupons and save money also, but I will NOT devote 35 to 60 hours a week just to coupons, nor will I go crawling through Dumpsters or stealing my neighbor's paper looking for more. And who really needs a stockpile of 45 packages of deodorant, 60 bottles of laundry detergent or 500 toothbrushes?

Roaemary

Margaret Moore said...

Congrats on the pup wins!

I've seen bits of Extreme Couponing. I get the thrill of the hunt, but not the need for mass quantities.