Thursday, November 04, 2010

Writing Challenge Day Nine - Revision Decision

Although I lost lots of time attending a Twitter webinar and then organizing my followers into lists, I made my writing goal for the day and a little bit more.

See, this is why I set myself these challenges, or why I'd do NaNo if it was convenient. It makes me get my butt in the chair even on days I have a good excuse not to. It also makes me turn off my inner editor and keep forging ahead, if at all possible. Today, for instance, I made a major decision about the sequence of events in this project. However, instead of going back and reworking it now, I'm making a note of what needs to be done and carrying on as if I'd made the changes. I'm comfortable with that because experience has taught me that, as I found yesterday, what may seem like a good decision today may not tomorrow.

Details:

A.M. - wrote from 11:35 - 12:28 (late start due to webinar), 6 pages, 1486 words
Didn't exercise, but did do lots of housework and some yard work, too.
P.M. - wrote from 7:45 - 8:36, 5 pages, 889 words

Totals so far:

97 pages, 20,633 words (so I made my weekly word count goal already! Whoo hoo!)



Here I am in Monte Cassino. You know, I paid about $5 for that scarf (on sale) that also doubled as a shawl. One of my better buys, I must say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are on track with the writing. I'm looking forward to the next book. I have to confess, I had trouble getting into Highland Rogue, London Miss, but I think it was because I started reading the book at a bad time (I had just had Sandy put down a few days before), so I've started it again.

Today, I got to fix another hole where Ilka dug out this morning. Poor thing, she is SO BORED! I've been too sick for the last two weeks to walk the dogs, or even throw her tennis balls to chase. She is fed up with this doing nothing, and being only 10 months old, she has energy to burn. I'm starting to feel better, so I'm hoping to start walking again on Monday.

I've had my son home from school the past few days. He seems to be having some respiratory crud also. I just hope his is a cold, and he doesn't get as bad as I was.

Rosemary