Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Changes

I recently learned that Tracy Farrell has resigned from Harlequin.

It was Tracy who phoned me on April 2, 1991 to say she wanted to buy my first book. I tried to sound professional, but I'm sure the volume was cranked up to 11.

Happily, that wasn't the end of our relationship. She was my editor for many years afterward.

I am very grateful I had the opportunity to know and work with her. She has a very special place in my heart, and I wish her all the best, always.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I also am happy she decided to buy that first book. While there have been some I've liked more than others, I have NEVER disliked a single book of yours that I've read.

I noticed the Spinal Tap reference of having the volume up to 11. Have you seen one of the other movies that they did called "Best In Show"? If you heven't, I suggest that you give it a go. It is hilarious. Also, "A Mighty Wind" is terrific (of course, I AM a folk music fan).

I wish this comment feature had spell check. I think I've misspelled a few words along the line.

Rosemary

Margaret Moore said...

No worries about the spelling, Rosemary! I make more than few errors and typos myself!

Yes, we love all those movies (although to be honest, Best in Show the least). "Hey, wha' happened?" is another line we use all the time around our house.

Caroline said...

I echo Rosemary - so glad they bought your 1st book. Caroline x