Friday, November 20, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - I knew it

Well, I did get down to 138.6 this week, until the Stuff Hit the Proverbial Fan in my life, and cookies became my coping mechanism. So back up to 140 this morning.

But still, I was on the right track and as long as I don't have too many more days that require serious cookie therapy, I should be...not too bad. Will I make my goal of 135 by Christmas? I fear I won't. But if I don't keep up with the exercise and Cola Drought, I will surely gain.

This week's step/treadmill tally:
Friday, Nov. 13 - 1 hr. on TM
Sat. Nov. 14 - 1 hr. on TM
Sun. Nov. 15 - Nothing (social event)
Mon. Nov. 16 - 1 hr. on TM and I walked to the store
Tues. Nov. 17 - 13016 steps (and I note that I must have been going at a pretty brisk pace, because it took me only an hour and a half instead of two)
Wed. Nov. 18 - 1 hr. on TM
Thurs. Nov. 19 - 1 hr. on TM

I think for the next week, it'll be treadmill time. It's a harder work-out. Did I mention the cookies? I still have some left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a new motto? When the going gets tough, the tough bake cookies?

You know, one of these days I'm going to have to get a new battery for my scale. I can't check my weight if I don't have a scale. Or the cats either, which is bad when I have to give dewormer and the like.

This week, I didn't walk Monday, but I did get plenty of exercise. Eight cats and a dog all bathed in an hour and a half. No scratches, and only one little bite (from a tranquilized cat, yet), but a lot of laundry and a very wet bathroom afterwards (said cat got away from me a few times). I think I had two dry towels in the house when we got done. We are fighting fleas,a year round battle down here. I use the spot-on treatment from the vet, but they still need a bath every so often.

Tuesday and Wednesday, I had to call animal control on our walks. Thursday, no loose dogs at all. Today, it is rainy (90% chance), windy, and chilly, so I went to the mall instead. I am exhausted! Shopping wears me out.

Rosemary