Monday, November 16, 2009

NaNo - Upon further consideration....

Despite having social events Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I did manage to write something, if not much, on Friday and Saturday.

However, as mentioned previously, I was starting to feel it might be time to stop and re-read. I've got a lot going on in the story so far, and I'm not sure how much I'll keep and how much should go. Sometime during Saturday night, my subconscious made the command decision that it was absolutely time to read and evaluate what I've already written. I decided to obey. I've learned that sometimes, my subconscious is a better judge of where I am and what I should do than my conscious mind.

I hadn't added my word counts for Friday and Saturday to the cumulative total yet, so as I was printing up my pages (because when it's time for the first real read-through with an eye to revising, I need hard copy), I did that. I discovered I have 25,113 words, or approximately half the length of the finished manuscript I'm aiming for.

Seems my subconscious had realized that, and that it was time to take a good, hard look at the foundations of my story and make sure I've got a plot that's taking me where I want to go.

While I'm re-reading and evaluating, here's where I do the majority of my writing now.



(If you're wondering what got cut off, as you can see, I also keep some of my DVDs on display.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving your videos and pictures.

(I took some camera videos of my mom cooking and it was a howl! So far we've done saukerkraut and sausage making.)

Susanne