Thursday, November 12, 2009

NaNo Day Twelve - Time to rethink or keep going?

How's a gal supposed to get any work done when her office chair has been commandeered???

I didn't get as much done today as I thought I might not because of "the boys" (that picture was taken yesterday), but mainly because I decided to walk to the store, which took two plus hours, rather than doing an hour on the treadmill. Then I went to the library. And a new Vanity Fair arrived, so...time out for reading!

I'm also going to be out socializin' the next few days (whoo hooo!), so there goes my writing goals for those days - but that's okay. I have given myself permission to do that without guilt.

I confess I've been tempted to stop and dissect the plot so far, but I think I'm going to keep going, even though I'm aware I have some major rearranging to do. Some elements will surely have more impact if they're moved to another place in the plot. OTOH, I haven't exactly figured out the plot is going to be. Completely, that is. New things are creeping in. Some elements I'll definitely want to keep, others...maybe not. Time, and my gut, will tell.

Here are the word count totals:
a.m. - 1395. I may get a few more in, but I may not, so let's call it the day's total, bringing my cumulative total to 23,660 words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a familiar sight. You need to multiply it for my house, though. Just a few minutes ago, I commented that I had 5 cats on my couch. When my daughter asked why there were 5 cats on the couch, I said because the other 3 were somewhere else. I had to sit on the chair because my oldest cat was in my spot, and looked very comfy.

My walk today was short because of a very late start (it got pretty warm today)and a couple of loose dogs that came after us. I called animal control, so hopefully they will be kept up from now on.

You are 24,000 words ahead of me, because I couldn't write a book to save my life.

Rosemary

Caroline said...

23k+ is so impressive! Way to go! Take care. Caroline x

Margaret Moore said...

Wow, that's a lot of cats!!!

Thanks, Carline. Some days it's easier than others to get the words on the page. :-)