Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why does it always happen this way?

I swear it is some sort of cosmic law that on the days I plan to get a lot of work done, there will be some sort of mini-crisis that prevents me from doing so. It happens every, single time. Fortunately, I got more done on the weekend than I'd planned. I'd planned to do no work at all on the weekend, and got a few chapters revised.

Maybe that's the trick - tell myself I'm not going to get anything done instead of thinking I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Ive always heard that life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Today, for instance I knew I had a couple of cameras in the car, but forgot that I had taken the film out of that camera bag and put it in another bag with a different camera. One camera was empty, and the other had a little over half a roll.

The good news is that I don't have to earn my living by taking pictures. I have to go back to that town when my car part comes in, so I can always take more pictures then. The bad news today was that it will probably cost less to get another camera than it will be to fix my broken one.

Rosemary