Friday, September 18, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - inching off the plateau

Yesterday I weighed in at 134.8, a wee bit off the plateau. Then I gorged myself on barbeque potato chips and had a cola last night, so -- no surprise - back up to 135.2 this morning.

So here's the take-away, as they say in marketing: If I keep up with the exercising every day, I can eat junk occasionally and maintain my weight. But if I want to lose? Nope.

This week's step/treadmill tally:

Friday, Sept. 11 - 1 hr. on TM
Sat. Sept 12 - at least 10,000 steps shopping downtown, meeting a friend for lunch, and walking to and from the subway (I didn't wear my pedometer).
Sun. Sept. 13 - nothing, because I wore new shoes on Sat. and my toe was sore and I'm getting old enough to know not to push things
Mon. Sept. 14 - 1 hr. on TM
Tues. Sept. 15 - 9,451 steps (no quite 10,000 but I've got a deadline, so no more two hour walks for awhile)
Wed. Sept. 16 - 58 min. on TM
Thurs. Sept. 17- 1 hr. on TM

Next week, maybe less junk food. But I've got a looming deadline, so I make no promises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't do so great myself. I'm not bothering to keep track of my weight, because the one time I did step on the scale, I weighed more than when I started, so better not to know, in my opinion.
I took an hour stroll on Sunday with my son. We went to our favorite cemetery for me to take photos, and him to have a traffic free place to run around a bit (I do try to keep him off headstones). Because I had him with me I walked slower than usual, but I did carry and extra 8 lbs of camera gear. Tuesday, because I was tired, and because I could, I went back to bed and slept for almost three hours.
Yesterday was only a half hour walk, because I was fighting with the computer. We lost power for about 30 minutes, right before it was time to get up and ready for school, and the computer didn't come back on properly. After my walk, I spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T (a total of 4 differnt people), trying to get my internet connection to work. Don't know if it was caused by the power outage or not, but it took up most of the morning.
My husband is taking next week off, so I will have another walking partner, so long as he doesn't expect me to keep up his pace. He walks much faster (and further) than me, and my astham can't take it.
Rosemary