Thursday, August 20, 2009

Miscellaneous Musings


Today, a hodgepodge of what's been on my mind lately:

Why is the saying "It never rains but it pours" such a surprisingly accurate reflection of my life at the moment? Just one thing after another after another. Today, the car died and had to be towed. (Thank heavens we joined the CAA - smartest car thing we ever did!)

Why do they put sugar on the raisins in Raisin Bran? Raisins are sweet enough already.

Why are there earwigs? I can remember a time, in the halcyon days of my youth, when they hadn't yet invaded North America. I hate those little (insert epithet of your choice here).

How is it that you can be a professional writer for twenty years and have a conversation one day that completely opens your eyes to something that you've been missing? And in hindsight, seems perfectly obvious?

Why is it that while my birth certificate says I'm a certain age, I don't feel a day over 20 most of the time?

What are the judges looking for in So You Think You Can Dance Canada? I didn't get some of their decisions at all - like the meditating guy. What do they see when he dances that I'm not getting? And how come they didn't let that guy of large stature through? Man could move! I would have loved to see him do other stuff.

Why are there days when blogging seems so much more fun/important/necessary than working on your book? Could it be that you're revising your book, while the blog is new material?

No comments: