Friday, June 19, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - a little lower

This week I'm a little lighter, as in .4 of a pound, for 134.0. I'm not too upset at the minor loss, because I would be up. I totally fell off the limited-cola wagon yesterday and had two. We aren't talking diet, either, because if I'm going to have cola, I'm having the real thing.

I justified the second to myself thus: my sister arrived to try to dig out a tree growing in the wild underbrush at the back of our yard. She noted she'd left her house carrying a large tarp and a shovel and remarked, "The neighbors are probably wondering where my husband is now."

We didn't get the tree out (settled for another smaller one), but did work up quite a sweat. Since I'd also done an hour on the treadmill, I figured I deserved another cola. Which doesn't excuse the extra chocolate. However, there was nearly losing eyes from errant dead branches and getting whacked in the face with wet, live ones, so chocolate seemed required to recover.

In other weight-loss related news, I had to take in the waistband of the one and only pair of shorts I own that fit me last summer. I moved the buttons on each side about an inch - and they were still loose enough that I required a belt.

This week's step/treadmill count:

June 12 - 1 hr. on TM
June 13 - nothing (out for the day)
June 14 - 18,138
June 15 - 1 hr. on TM
June 16 - I walked for two hours, but forgot my pedometer! I reckon I did at least 13,000 steps for the day.
June 17 - 1 hr. on TM
June 18 - 1 hr. on TM

I believe the treadmill provides the harder workout, but it's not nearly so pleasant as a walk.

This weekend there will be treats of a cake nature and no exercise on Saturday. Monday is questionable (have a lunch date), but otherwise, here's hoping I can keep on track. Or treadmill, as the case may be.

No comments: