Friday, May 29, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - the shopping exercise plan

This has been one of those crazy busy weeks for me. Probably, compared to many women's lives, it wouldn't seem that frantic, but for me...with the shopping and lunching and appointments and stuff...jam-packed!

This week, in addition to Wedding Outfits, I was looking for one of those cupcake stands for a tea I'm having in July. Could I find one? No. But I did look in several stores. I also returned one of the four wedding outfits I got after Daughter gave me "a look" when I tried it on. 'Nuff (not) said, especially as it was the most expensive. And the pants were too long. (Situation of thinking, in the store, that once I had heels on, they would work. This is really never the case, and yet I bought it anyway. D'oh.)

So this week, on at least two occasions, my step tallies were not on a walk-for-exercise, but from wandering a mall, although I also added a brisk short walk on one day to bring the tally up. In the rain.

This morning's weigh in was 134.4 despite pigging out on mini-Tootsie rolls while watching So You Think You Can Dance. Yeah! I'm hoping to keep up a minimum of 10,000 steps a day or at least 40 minutes on the treadmill. I do note that two days, I didn't do that. OTOH, I wasn't eating huge meals this week either, what with the busy-ness.

This weeks's treadmill/step/exercise ball tally:

May 22 - 40 min. on TM, 20 eball lifts (this was the only day I did the lifts, because the rest of the week, I was walking.)
May 23 - nuthin' (brunch with friends)
May 24 - 17,710 (whooo hooo!)
May 25 - 12,863
May 26 - 13,303 (shopping)
May 27 - 12,456 (shopping)
May 28 - nuthin' (lunch with niece, although I did park far away from the fabric store later, so I would have a longer walk, and then I knocked down half a display in the store - domino effect, you see. Oh, the shame!)

Where is the writing in all this? Funny you should ask.

Nowhere. Didn't do any. Fortunately, I planned it that way. I shudder to think how stressed I'd be if I had a pressing deadline right now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret,

HomeSense should have the cupcake holder, and possibly the Bay. Or, you could try McCall's in Etobicoke. Call first -- 416 231 8040, or check their website. I think I bought mine at Home Outfitters but it was a while ago...

http://foodpages.ca/McCallsSchool

Susanne

Margaret Moore said...

Thanks, Susanne. I've tracked one down at a party supply store and just have to make the trek. It's near a movie theater, so I may just have to see Wolverine while I'm at it. Successful shopping plus Hugh Jackman - bonus!

I was in a Home Outfitters yesterday - no joy. And HomeSense, where they knew what I meant, but didn't have any left. OTOH, I got some reuseable heart-shaped cupcake forms there, so not a complete waste of time. :-)

Carole Carson said...

I laughed when I read your post because I'm in New York (I live on the West Coast) and have spent 3-4 hours a day on what I call "urban hiking"--that is my term for shopping. I traded my morning workout and tennis for marathon days of walking/shopping. It's been a lot of fun but I'm eager to get back to the discipline of my daily routines. And I must return since I am the coach for the AARP Fat to Fit online community weight-loss challenge. Our 4,000 member group (all ages, sizes, members of AARP and nonmembers, residents of US and from other parts of the world) are engaged in seeing if we can help each other adopt healthier lifestyles. For some of us, that means dropping a few pounds. I need to set the example so on Monday I'll give up urban hiking (shopping) in New York and return to my home gym and a tennis match. Thanks for sharing your post. I enjoyed it enormously. Carole Carson

Anonymous said...

Stop dieting – eat to live. Diets and diet aids do not help anyone. The only way to successfully lose weight and get the body that you deserve is by using the right information. This information is in the book Lose Weight Using Four Easy Steps which can be ordered through the website www.bbotw.com Everyone who has gotten a copy of this book has lost weight.