Friday, May 01, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - Just call me Sisyphus

Well, I'm lighter than I was last week. Not by much, but considering I feel off the no-cola wagon and didn't get as much exercise, I'm not too bothered.

Yesterday, though, I decided it was time to raise the incline on the treadmill to its steepest. I was wondering if I'd notice a difference and...

oh baby, big time! I was starting to sweat after five minutes. So I only walked on the TM for 45 minutes instead of an hour. At first, I thought, "Maybe I'll just do half an hour." Then "Okay, 40 minutes." Then I settled on 45. I tend to do that - think "How am I going to last an hour?" and then manage. But with the new incline and the inklings of a cold, I didn't want to do overdo.

Walk/treadmill tally for this past week:

Friday, April 25 - 16,952 steps
April 26 - 4105 steps. We had planned to go for a walk after dinner, but the weatherman was wrong and the skies opened and the rain came down instead. Walk denied. But this just goes to show what my step tally would be if I didn't go on a walk.
April 27 - shopped at a big mall without the pedometer. I probably walked between 5,000 and 10,000 steps.
April 28 - 10,182 steps
April 29 - no treadmill, didn't wear the pedometer because I thought I'd do the treadmill, then never got on it (I really, really have to keep to an exercise schedule, and if that gets messed up...)
April 30 - 45 min. on the treadmill

This morning's weight: 135.8

I have a busy weekend and probably won't get a chance to do any exercising on Sunday. I won't have a lot of time tomorrow, but I'm telling myself to at least do 20 min. on the treadmill if I can't get in a whole hour.

After all, August will be here before I know it!

(Who was Sisyphus? Here ya go.)

No comments: