Friday, May 08, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - consistency is key

It's really no surprise that this week, I'm back up a bit, to 136.6. It was one of those weeks where I couldn't keep to a regular exercise routine and had too much sweet stuff (chocolate cake, for one).

I also noticed that as my exercise routine was thrown into disarray and that made for less-than-satisfactory progress, so it was with my writing. I had plans to get farther ahead on my revisions this week, only to be thwarted by (a) an unexpected realization that I had a big problem in the first four chapters and (b) other things taking more time than I had planned, or that cropped up unexpectedly.

Added to this was the fighting off a cold, so...all in all, not the most productive and/or successful week of my life in terms of work and weight loss.

However, the cold finally seems to be disappearing and I have only one errand to run next week (so far), so here's hoping I can get back on track with both work and exercise.

This week's step/treadmill tally:
Sat, May 2 - nothing
May 3 - nothing (and ate far too many treats over the weekend)
May 4 - 12,678 steps
May 5 - nothing (just got too busy with other things and not feeling that great)
May 6 - 10,812
May 7 - 1 hr. on TM

My goal for next week is to be back to 135 and do more exercising. I also plan to have less of the sweet treats, although I don't plan to cut out my Coke and Chipits entirely. A girl's gotta have something to look forward to, right?

No comments: