Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting back up to speed...


I spent the long Easter weekend at the folks' cottage, helping to take the leaves off the garden. Appropriately for the season, I saw a bunny hopping by early in the morning.

What wasn't appropriate for the season was the cold. The cottage is not winterized, not insulated, not heated except for space heaters which are not left on all night. So when you wake up in the morning after a night where it gets to freezing or below?

BRRRRRRRRRR.

Still, it was good to get away, to unplug and get away from the electronics (there's no TV, DVD player or VCR there, either). But now, alas, I'm trying to play catch-up, and not just because we were away. Before we left, I got some work that had to be done ASAP. I got it done, and then rewarded myself with chocolate because (a) it was Easter (b) I deserved a reward and (c) my scale said 133.8 on Friday - a new record low.

I was back up to 135 this am. but I'm not surprised. Chocolate will do that. But now it's back to the exercise/watching the food and working. Holiday is over!

Oh, and I took some pictures of the cats, all cuddly.

These are the brothers, Luis and the Count.


Here are all three, the brothers and Eeky, the Dowager Cat, with her back to the camera. Sometimes, I get to sit there to watch TV, too.

1 comment:

Kimber Chin said...

I love how the brothers have the remote control. Men!