Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Plane Reading

One of the things I enjoy about traveling is...the waiting. Now, don't get me wrong -- I don't like unexpected waiting, as in the plane is delayed. Been there, done that, spent 24 hours in an airport because of a blizzard once and got sent to Botany Bay (yes, really!) by a ten hour delay on the return from Australia. Those experiences weren't wonderful.

But I don't mind having to get to the airport early to allow time for security and customs because I get to read. Indeed, I have little choice but to read. There's not a lot I can do otherwise if I'm traveling by myself. Ditto when I'm on the plane. I can just sit and read and not have to worry that I should be doing something else, like, oh, say...writing.

On my trip this week, I'm taking WANTED IN ALASKA by Kate Bridges. I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

OOh I got to get that one.

I'd rather be early to places than late, I don't like feeling rushed.

Kate Bridges said...

Hey, Margaret! Thanks for making my day! :-)

Hope your line-ups aren't too long and you get to lounge and relax for a while.

Good luck on your workshop at the conference--the participants are in for a real treat!

Kaye Manro said...

Sounds like a good idea and one we all should try while flying. This looks like a great book. I'll have to check it out.

Good luck with the workshop. Wish I could attend.