Friday, February 06, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - Sigh...

Alas! I seem to have hit another plateau, although it's a better plateau. 140.4 this morning.

I haven't watched The Biggest Loser before, but I have this season, and it's clear that it's a lot easier to lose weight where you're isolated and fed only healthy stuff. At home, without that, it's way more difficult. Alas, there are no visits to such a place in my future, so I think I'm just going to have to accept that it's going to take some time.

However, I also note that I didn't have any major snow shoveling this week, and I wasn't doing so much on the treadmill last weekend because I upped the angle and it was tougher going. I've gone back to my hour a day with that, and also using an exercise ball to try to get some ab toning going on. I did manage to go without cola for a few days and I've gone back to no brown sugar on the oatmeal or cream of wheat. Unfortunately, I made fudge. And there are chocolate chips in the house. It's really easy to justify a few of those every now and then. Must stop! As I said with the First Draft Sprint, self-discipline -- must have it!

Here's the latest treadmill/step/eball leg lift (of two types, but totaled) tally:

Jan. 30 - 45 min. on TM, 20 eball lifts
Jan. 31 - 1/2 hr. on TM, clearing of snow (much lifting and throwing), 25 lifts
Feb. 1 - 15,060 steps
Feb. 2 - 1 hr. on TM, 25 lifts
Feb. 3 - 1 hr. on TM, some light shoveling but also birthday party
Feb. 4 - 1 hr. on TM, 30 lifts
Feb. 5 - 1 hr. on TM, 30 lifts

This week, and although I'm going out for a celebratory dinner tonight, I'm going to try to be more strict with the food.

Oh, and I actually laughed out loud when I was doing the latest Story Seedlings blog. That probably burned a calorie, right?

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Ab work is killer.

I did an Ab class at the gym and it helped me out. Basically I had no muscles at all after my first two kids, it took me seven weeks but I managed the plank. The hardest of ab.

It's like push up but on your forearms, and your toes and holding your body up perfectly flat, like a plank. Killer, but gratifying when you can do it.

I'll dig out my excercise ball again after I heal from my c-section in the fall.

Strengthening my core also helped eliminate back problems from typing all day.

Margaret Moore said...

Oh, I know the plank. I hate the plank. I think planks should only be for walking thereof, in pirate movies. :-)

Anonymous said...

I did an Ab class at the gym and it helped me out. Basically I had no muscles at all after my first two kids