Friday, January 09, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - first week of 2009

So, how did my Weight Loss Challenge go for the first week of '09? Pretty good, considering I still managed to have some cookies, cake and -- my vice -- Coke (the drink, not the drug!).

My weight on Jan. 2 was 143.0 pounds. Today, it's 141.2, so I'm on track, I think.

Here's the step/exercise tally:
Jan. 2 - 45 minutes on the treadmill
Jan. 3 - walked, 13,620 steps
Jan. 4 - 1 hour on the treadmill
Jan. 6 - walked, 15,514 steps
Jan. 7 - 1/2 hr. on the treadmill, shovelled snow three times (!!)
Jan. 8 - walked, 5,274 steps plus 1 hour on the treadmill

The treadmill is, I think, the more strenuous workout, but if it's sunny and not too windy, I'm walking. I'm really enjoying getting out-of-doors, even in the cold.

Just to reiterate my new challenge - it's 135 by the end of March. My reward? Another new outfit (although I still have yet to get one for meeting the last challenge).

2 comments:

M. said...

Hi
Came via TRW loop to say
- couldn't get into storyseedlings though the concept is intriguing
- cover for warlord's bride is very pretty

Margaret Moore said...

Thanks!

Did you try the link at the side of this blog? If not, I suppose you could try keying in
http://storyseedlings.blogspot.com and see if that works. I double-checked the links to make sure they work.