Friday, January 23, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - Birthdays be bad

I haven't used my usual graphic for the Weight Loss Challenge post because yet again, birthday cake (and other assorted treats) have caused my weight to rise again. Last week, I hit 140.6 and this week, pre-birthday, I was excited to see 138.6 on the scale. I haven't been 138 pounds in years.

Then came the birthday, and with it, a day with no real exercise, although I did more than 5,000 steps. And back up I went, so that this morning, I tipped the scales at 141.2. Now, this will go down during the day -- I'm my daily lightest after the walk/treadmill -- but still! ARGH! And yet, seeing that 138 was a big boost. I had to weigh myself twice to make sure I was seeing correctly and then did a little happy dance.

This week's step/treadmill tally:
Jan. 16 - 1 hour on TM
Jan. 17 - 1 hour on TM, plus snow shoveling
Jan. 18 - 1/2 hour on TM, shopping (that's walking!), snow shoveling
Jan. 19 - 1 hr. on TM and I decided that, at the middle of the TM workout, I would walk as fast as I could for ten minutes, to up the intensity
Jan. 20 - 1 hour on TM
Jan. 21 - Birthday celebrations, 6,368 steps
Jan. 22 - 1 hour on TM

It's supposed to be sunny, but cold, on the weekend. As you can see, I haven't been out walking because of the weather, so I'm hoping to go for a long walk on Saturday or Sunday. And no more cola! It is the devil's brew when I'm trying to lose weight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I bet seeing 138 again is a short-term goal that you will reach.