Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's all Welsh to me....

If you're familiar with my books, you'll know I love me some Welshmen. It's the voices and accents, frankly. Take a listen to Ioan Gruffudd on the DVD extra of King Arthur to hear what I mean. The hero of my next release, THE WARLORD'S BRIDE, is -- you got it -- another Welshman.

In Madoc's honor, I present this little gem from failblog.org:

fail owned pwned pictures
see more pwn and owned pictures

Here's what happened (another cautionary email tale), courtesy of the BBC:

"When officials asked for the Welsh translation of a road sign, they thought the reply was what they needed.

Unfortunately, the e-mail response to Swansea council said in Welsh: "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated".

So that was what went up under the English version which barred lorries from a road near a supermarket."

D'oh!

2 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

ROFL!! That is too funny.

Torchwood is full of Welshmen, and yes I love their accent.

And names like Rhys. Can't convince the DH to let me name the bun that though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Welsh .... I'm there. My granddad was Welsh, and used to sing me lullabies in his native tongue ..... did I just say tongue and Welsh in the same sentence? (thud)


I get myself in so much trouble sometimes.


lw is for Leonardswench, literally, Leonard's wench, my granddad's girl. He was my first 'sweetheart', cutting up apples for me to eat and telling me stories in the orchard. I miss him every day, and have a smelly ole hat and cardie that I refuse to part with, to my MIL's disgust.

Anyway ...... my point, (did I have one?) my love of all things Welsh comes from a great place, the loving circle of my grandfather's arms.


lw