Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Whoo hoo! First review!

I was all set to write about synopses, but I had to run to the mall and I picked up the latest issue of Romantic Times, to discover a four-star review for A LOVER'S KISS, the book that should be out any day now!

And I quote:

"Moore continues to captivate with her latest historical....The conflict pulls readers in, and the villain is most definitely a surprise."

Yeah! There's also a nod to Buggy, whose book I'll be starting any day now: "The best friend almost steals the show with his endearing ways..." Almost, but not quite, because the man gets his own story, so I literally sent him out of town for a bit.

One quibble: I'm sorry they gave away a key element of the plot that has to do with the heroine's brother. Ah well, you can't have everything.

I'm nearly done my workshop material, but not quite, and I need to put the review quote on my website, so look for one of the most common, major mistakes I see in synopses tomorrow. Because when I mention something three times in a handout? I'd call that a major problem.

4 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Why am I not surprised?
Congrats on a brilliant review. From the reviewer's mouth to readers' ears!

Maureen McGowan said...

Congrats on the great and well deserved (I'm sure) review, Margaret!

Savannah Chase said...

no shocker there, you so deserve it..WTG, huge congrats

Kimber Chin said...

FINALLY it is coming out!
I keep looking for it in bookstores only to remember, yes, that's right, it isn't out yet.