Saturday, June 21, 2008

Gone thinkin'

Ever wonder what it's like being the child of a writer? Well, for one thing, books are very important, as you can see from this picture of my slumbering son.

Now I'm off a short holiday to Boston. We'll be driving, which means a lot of hours in the car. Which means plenty of time to think, because even I cannot gab for that long.

One subject I plan to consider is this blog. I'm going to continue it because I enjoy it, but that doesn't mean there aren't things to think about when it comes to content, etc. Is there anything you'd like me to talk about that I haven't? Do you prefer blogs about writing (how I do things, why I do things)? The writing life? Research and fascinating facts I dig up? Now's your chance to let me know. Either leave a comment or email me at MMBooks@yahoo.com.

I'll also be doing a contest post mortem. What worked, what didn't, what I should do differently next time, if there is a next time. A contest involves a lot of extra work and expense, so I don't think I'll be doing them often -- at least not involving mailing of books. My draw is easy, because I can do it all online, so I'll be keeping that going.

And of course, I'll be thinking about stories I might want to tell as I enjoy the lovely scenery of upstate New York.

7 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

I may not comment regularly but I enjoy reading your blog every day, Margaret. It's a nice mix, and I learn so much from your writing posts. I can't think of anything I'd want you to change.

Anonymous said...

I donot usually comment so much either, but do read often and enjoy. I learn alot as well as realize other people may not like to mop as well...lol. Have a good vacation and relax you deserve it!

Kimber Chin said...

You know I love your blog. If you're looking for time savers, I don't know if you have to post every day. I mostly read for your superb (usually Wednesday) weekly post on writing, oh, and the book updates.

The thing about blog readers is that while we might not be big in numbers, we're noisy. We like to yap (like butterflies flying from blog to yahoo loop to chatroom to...). We tend to like to yap about our blogging sisters.

However, if it came down to writing a blog post and writing a novel, well... that's no contest.

Speaking of contests, I've tried them with my business blogs and got absolutely no interest (most times not a single entry). The only benefit I received is that it gave me an excuse to contact other sites and to send press releases.

Margaret Moore said...

Thanks for the comments so far! I really appreciate them.

Obviously, I haven't left yet. I have to do some ironing, which I have obviously left to the last minute.

I do have my mini-tootsie rolls, because I do not go on a road trip without them (no crumbs!).

Cheryl St.John said...

I love the personal glimpses and hearing what you're up to. I stop by every few days.

What I don't care for is the word verification. It takes me longer -- 3 tries to do that -- than to post.

Louisa Cornell said...

I have just started visiting this blog recently, although I have always been a fan of your books. Of course as an aspiring writer I LOVE the posts about writing, but the day to day stuff is great too.

I think as far as contests go you have to do what works for you! I am greedy and I don't want anything to interfere with more Margaret Moore books being on the shelves!!

Safe journey, Margaret!

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret,

When I access your blog, it's always with a "I wonder what's happening with Margaret?" thought. I like what you're doing because it's never the same thing. So, from my perspective, I wouldn't want you to change it.

Enjoy your holiday.

Nancy