Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring, where art thou?


It's supposedly the first day of Spring. Unfortunately, if you looked out my front window, you would not believe it. There is still a LOT of snow on the ground, although I do believe it is sloooowly melting.

However, I can remember going to the zoo one March break when it was about 70 degrees. Alas, I would need to bundle up a lot this year.

I was also recently reminded that the first snowfall of the winter was back in November, making this one of the longest winters of my memory.

Which is another way of saying I am dang sick of it. I want Spring! I want warmth! I want to open the windows wide! I want to go on a long walk without wearing boots and a parka and a hat and gloves!

Come, Spring! Please, come out and play! And bring your flowers with you!

In writing news, I am still revising and rewriting. Why do things seem so simple in a synopsis and so much more complicated when it comes to the book?

Actually, I know the answer to that -- because a synopsis lets you tell, not show. So much easier, that telling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love living in my part of Canada. Vancouver is pretty much the one city in Canada to drop its jaw at any sign of snow. It's spring here, all lush and green.... and rainy. Lots of rainy. But hey, it's green!