Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Done!

I finished A LOVER'S KISS this morning, and sent it off to New York this afternoon.

So, how am I feeling?

I gotta confess, I'm exhausted. My editor asked if I could get it in early, and I did, but I am one tired author. I've been out of the house a grand total of twice in two weeks. The laundry situation is grim. My office is a wreck.

And did I mention I'm exhausted?

The good news is, I think I've done a good job for my man Drury, a character I've been waiting to write about since 2002.

No, I'm not kidding. It's been quite the wait, but I've always wanted to write his story, and I've had a lot of emails over the years from readers who wanted him to get his own story. So yeah! And last night, when the last read-through was going really well (meaning I could actually go two even three pages at a stretch without making a change), I was giddy with joy.

Tomorrow, I'm not planning on doing much of anything. Except laundry.

2 comments:

Leah Braemel said...

OMG, how do you do it Margaret? Your concentration must be amazing.

Margaret Moore said...

Well, it's my job. :-) I don't know how women with babies and who also work outside the home manage to write books, too.