Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tough Going

I'm having a bit of a tough time with the work-in-progress at the moment -- and it's not the writing, it's the interruptions.

Well, okay, it's the writing, too. I'm in the middle of the manuscript, which is always a bit of a tippy-toe through the marsh experience for me. Am I on the right path, or am I wandering off into the quicksand?

So there I am in a tougher part of the process and suddenly, I'm getting interruptions. More than usual. What is up with this? It's like somebody's issued a challenge. Let's see how often we can interrupt Margaret.

Maybe I'm just noticing the interruptions more and being more bothered because I'm in the tricky middle, where I need to really concentrate, so getting interrupted is extra frustrating.

Either way, I feel like disconnecting every phone and sticking a sign on the front door that says, "Writer At Work. Ring Bell At Your Peril."

Know what I mean?

(We interrupt this grouchy post to say, my email newsletter subscribers should be getting a post today with some exciting news, so all is not grinding teeth and furrowed brow at Casa Moore. Newsletters subscribers get first notice of such news. Wanna subscribe? See the sidebar.)

ETA: So I decide to take a break and do a little blog-hopping, and I get to fellow Harlequin author Michelle Styles's blog and from there to another blog belonging to Phillipa Ashley with a picture of a shirtless Richard Armitage and now I'm grinning. Thank you, Michelle and Phillipa.

4 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

My pleasure. Pip is one of the orginal members of the c19 Richard Armitage fan club. She does get some good photos from her *source*...

Margaret Moore said...

Does she ever! My daughter emailed the link to your friend's blog to her best friend, whose reaction was likewise enthused. :-)

Phillipa said...

I'm glad you liked the picture Margaret. It's from the BBC preview of next Saturday's episode. There may be preview tapes on the web. Richard has inspired many a romance writer! Michelle has very good taste. :)

Anonymous said...

Shirtless pics of Richard Armitage surely are research, and not distractions?

Otherwise, I got a lot of 'splaining to do to my OH!

LW